The Happenings of Amy

Just a bunch of random nonsense.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Another one of my crazy blogs

I know that I totally just posted a blog, but I thought that I would post another one. I want to share some things with you. This is my favorite song, called Grace.

Lord, as I seek your guidance for the day,
I find my thoughts unyielding, confusion crowds my way;
But then when I bow to you, the challenges you guide me through,
Your promises are ever new, I claim them for today.

(Refrain)
Your will cannot lead me where your grace will not keep me.
Your hand will protect me, I rest in your care.
Your eyes will watch over me, your love will forgive me,
And when I am faltering, I still will find you there.

Each new day's design is charted by your hand,
And graciously revealed as I seek your master plan.
Keep my footsteps faithful when from you I go.
Return me to the joy that your blessings can bestow.

(Refrain)

Your eyes will watch over me.
Your love will forgive me.
and when I am faltering
LORD I WILL FIND YOU THERE

I really like that song. It is such a great one. Also, here is a poem that I wrote about my best friend who passed away 2 years, 10 months and 24 days ago. I still really haven't gotten over it.

The day that I met her
is a day that I will remember.
We met at a family gathering
on a warm day in September.

I wasn't sure why she was there
She was not family
Soon did i figure out
that she was family to me

We didn't see each other often
we lived many miles apart
but when i did see her
i told her what was in my heart

she was always there to listen
and she always helped me out
i turned to her when all i could do
was just to scream and shout

little did i know
that it would soon come to an end
not only did i suffer heartache
but have a broken heart to mend

when i heard the news
i prayed it was a lie
because my best friend's life was taken
on the 26th day of july

In memory of Sarah Dawson who's life was taken on July 26, 2003. We love you and miss you so much.


That was one of the hardest moments in my life, but I grew so much from it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home